>

Thursday 28 May 2015

Week 21 : Last week of scraps and oddments

Hi !

This is week 21 for #2015PCChallenge.
This is also the last week for my scrap month and I am so glad. Its been a great journey trying to move from the muddy browns to the vibrant oranges.But it has been very frustrating not to come up with completely  new stuff .

I missed out on many techniques , since I only tried out the Natasha canes.
I did not try the Sutton slice technique , which when made with scrap clay ( Poonam style ) makes me hold my breath.I simply don't have the required texture sheets , they are not available in India :( . If you are wondering,plastic sheets are not deep enough and wooden blocks are not smooth enough. My selfmade texture sheets from pc are not flexible enough and the mold maker style texture sheets run out on details.

I also could not try the Stroppel cane as I am running short on Premo clay , especially black and white. I am woefully short on Premo .All my scrap canes , well , almost all my scrap canes are Premo  and not having large quantities of any color is an issue. I mixed up Premo and Kato for a few experiments during week 15 , and I burned them :( . All of this aside ,I plan to give this a try before the year runs out.

There so many more amazing things to do with scrap clay , and I plan to do them all. I started following some great boards on pinterest for the same.

Ok , so onto the pics.

Primary piece : Rustic style , asymmetrical hoop earrings.





These are some components I made in September. The spirals were accidental , but I loved the look of them and made then into these. the hoops are slightly different , one is longer and other is more horizontal.
 I could not figure out how to arrange them till now. I finally used the cotton cord.I love these earrings as they are very"me".
They were a major pain to photograph , but when wearing them , the beads stay in their place.


Secondary piece : Simple pendant , cotton cords with sliding knots




I had bought the " Masterful Faux Made easy " from Diva Designs a while back.I unfortunately haven't had the chance to explore it yet. As usual I don't have the recommended items , and the items that could have been available are out of stock :( So I am not yet sure , when can I try out her amazing tutorial.

However I had a trial sheet from week 16 , which incidentally was not based on the tutorial.Mine is just an experiment , which was based on another one of my experiments.

So what I did ere for this pendant , was utilize my scrap sheet onto a ruined bracelet piece ( I had burned it) , and arranged it in her style :)
The scrap sheet on the first glance looks somewhat similar to her style and that's the reason I picked the design.While it looks nowhere as good as her creations , just arranging it her way has made it look more realistic.I might like this piece better than almost all the things I made for week 16.

I am looking forward to actually following her tutorial soon ( once I have the resources),as the things she makes are drool worthy.I need to save up for the marbling tutorial as well.

That's  all for today :) Thanks for reading and have a great day !


No comments:

Post a Comment