>

Friday 20 March 2015

Week 11 : Jungle theme week 2 #2015PCChallenge

Hi !

This week I am continuing with the jungle theme , three creeper cuffs for the submission. The two bangles on either side are mine , along with the one in the middle.The left end has a faux ceramic feel  (week 10 ), the right end one is reminiscent of the jungle cuff/ bangle I made for week 8.

Believe it or not , the middle one is a jungle theme as well , tried basing it on the pointillism technique.There are brown spots for the branches, red for the fruits , blue for the sky and variations of green for the foliage.It doesn't really look very jungly though. I was planning on smothering it with paint as usual but I was advised to go for a slightly different , brighter look by the mothers .I feel the white content is too high and I definitely  have to work on the technique ,but I do like it :)


I forgot to mention it , but the mothers are in town !

 This makes me a happy girl They kind of take over the running of the house and leave me to my own devices. This opportunity is something that I use to the best of my ability , I mainly catch up on my sleep , watch TV, browse the net and make things.

The thing I am happiest about this week is that both my mothers have been initiated into the art of making polymer clay jewelry.Really ! I am not joking !

Making my mother start off wasn't that hard , she loves beading and embroidery and has started to follow polymer clay, now that its something I do. My mother in law isn't really a crafty person , at least that's how she thinks of herself  , but this week she made something .I think she has surprised herself .
Its just a misconception that people are not crafty.Everyone is creative. We just have to find out where we belong.

The second bangle on the left is made by my mother in law and the second one on the right by my mother. I am really happy about this , as they weren't too sure what would happen , being the first time both have tried any form of clay work . The only experience they have is making chapatti dough !

I made the bangle base  for their bangles ( I make them in bulk whenever I have enough  scrap to do so )  and helped them with the sanding and buffing , but the rest is their own.

Thats all for now ! I have had a great week , hope yours was too !
Thanks for reading , have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment