>

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Week 10 : Jungle theme , faux ceramic style

Hi !

So this month I have set myself a theme called jungle . Of course this is my interpretation of it :)

I saw this cool technique called faux ceramic a while back . It is making polymer clay objects ,that resemble ceramic. I quite liked it , so I played around with it a little bit , and this is my slightly modified take on the same.

I found this tutorial to be really helpful. Its from Polymerclayweb.com.

I really love what I made , even though my finish still leaves a lot to be desired. That is something I do have to work on.


This was designed as a cuff , and it has double layers of sliding knots. I discovered that it could be reversed as a pendant and chain also. Pretty cool I think. This was the first piece I tried out with this technique.The arrangement for the thread to slide through was new for me. I made two identical springs from thin copper wire , embedded it on both sides.Covered it with more clay , and added the closings.
 I believe I came up with it myself , however If I do see something that was probably the base for the string technique , I shall add it here.Pictures stay in my head and I sometimes don't realize my inspiration points till I see it again.I try my best to trace out the starting point of my idea and give credit where its due , I believe its important.

Note : This from Artybecca and this from a Russian site Polymerclayfimo, are probably my starting point of my string technique.


 This was the second piece I did. It is a pendant based on the same technique and theme.Leather cords with sliding knot and beads.This is my entry for the #2015PCChallenge.



This is my bangle based on the same technique. I was planning on entering this for the  PCC challenge , however I submit too many bangles. So the pendant this time.This bangle took me a lot of time , but I guess I don't feel it has the finish yet. Practice makes perfect I have heard , hope I get better soon.

Thanks for reading :)

Have a great day !

No comments:

Post a Comment