>

Friday 3 April 2015

Week 13 : #2015PCChallenge : Floral Cuff in powder blue

Hi ,

My entry for this week , is a powder blue ,curved and luxuriously textured cuff with floral cane embellishments.The back is black and textured , closed with a brown leather corded slide knot and blue glass beads. It is meant to fit snugly on to your fore arm.

This is the last week for my jungle theme. I made a whole lot of things that can fit in for this theme this week. The real reason I did that  is because I loved the technique that I used. I don't know what this technique is called , I am checking up and once I am done , I will clarify it here. If you know the name please do leave a comment.On another note , I will probably utilize the flower and leaves motives regularly as long they can be part of some challenge , and that's not including the store.


The real challenge for this week was the photography. We have been having very windy weather here this week , so I kept putting off the photo session. Oh, why you ask ? I take photos in a tiny balcony outside , on the third floor, with just a tiny stone slab as my photo table.I love taking photos outside , as the colors tend to come out just right. There is minimum photo manipulation , and the natural color is mostly retained.

As I said ,this week was very windy , so  I kept waiting for the right time and I kept putting  off the photo session. Since today is Friday and I need to put this up , I finally gave up and set up my makeshift studio ( rather a big word for my swalpa adjust madi rig) , pushing my electric kettle and microwave out of the way.I put down a gray (sort of) paper as I read somewhere , draped it with a thorthu and tried to do something.

Now of course the gray paper that I read about was the white balance gray card , something I have to yet purchase. The thorthu was standing in for a light muslin cloth to filter the light. My source of light was a table lamp.

Oh , Swalpa adjust madi literally translates to little adjust do.And thorthu is a white, light cotton towel , excellent for toweling your hair.

This was the result.

Photo Experiment 1. Gray paper and camera on auto

I had to adjust the color so that it looks similar to the actual cuff colors.While I was Ok with it ,I wasnt sure I liked it liked it. You know what that means.

Then I decided that I am going to try a couple of things and see how it goes.I just used the auto settings for all these.I certainly have to start learning how to set the settings for macro photography inside the house.


2.I tried it with a regular white paper.

Photo experiment 2 : White paper


3. Then with a rough sandpaper , grit 100 I think.

Photo experiment 3 : Black sandpaper

4. Then an old grey t-shirt. 

Photo experiment 4 : Grey T shirt


Then I went out for a bit of air , and I decided to give a go outside as well


The colors are a bit muted on this one as well . The blue and greens are a lot more vibrant.They glow , and that doesn't come out here.

What I have learnt today is that it is very important for me to learn photography. While I want to sign up for some course ,  what I really need to do is learn how to make my camera really work for me. That is another sub quest for me now :)

Thanks for reading :) Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment