>

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Week 15 #2015PCChallenge :Trial applique : Late entry

Hi !

This is my entry for week 15 of the #2015PCChallenge. This is also Week 2 of my personal April challenge of jewelry sets ( of 3 pieces minimum) and first time entry for the Art bead scene monthly challenge.

This week is quite special, as I have joined the ArtBeadScene challenge. I was quite sure I wouldn't be able to take part , what with me being just a beginner , but Yaay !

 This blog is full of inspiration and wonderful pieces of wearable art.The blog does not  just showcase  polymer clay , it involves art and artists involved with ceramics ,metal, felt , precious stones and everything else that can be made wearable. Even if you are not an artist of the jewelry kind , but beautiful things fascinate you , you must check this blog out.

Art bead scene has a monthly challenge for art beads and jewelry containing art beads. .The theme for this month is a self portrait of Frida Kahlo  titled  Self portriat with thorn necklace and humming bird.You can read more about it here .

It was quite challenging for me to take this up as I am just beginning to co-relate and use art as an inspiration and as a starting point.
 For my sake of easing in gently I have chosen to concentrate on the color palette.I wanted to bring in a sort of feeling of melancholia to the jewelry.

This is something of a trial piece and will not be up for sale. The chord lengths of the neck piece and the bracelet is correct for me , however I  have to finalize the sizes before variations are up for sale.I am open to taking custom orders for this design.



This is the bracelet along with the set. I have chosen to make this with the lighter shades seen in the picture.I have weaved the handmade plain beads with the cotton cord.


As you can see this post is published on 22.04.2015 , not on 17.04.2015 as planned. I could not do as there was a family emergency that called me away.I was unable to complete the third portion of this set before Friday of the previous week. I am not adding it to this challenge right now , but I might do it later on.

Thanks for reading. Have a great day !



No comments:

Post a Comment