>

Thursday 23 April 2015

#2015PCChallenge : All pending week entries! Week 2,3 & 4

Hi!

Going through the #2015PCChallenge page , Katie Oskin had a gentle reminder for this month , "Are you falling behind ? Are you overly productive ?".
I was late in posting the previous week due to a unforeseen issue , but I remembered after reading this post , that I still haven't posted the challenge items for Week 2 ,3 & 4 ( Here is my post dated week 1 entry ).
I did not make anything in January as I was not home for most of that month.So all my pieces for my firt four weeks are from 2014.

I have not made a composite image of all the weekly entries, as that would way too many. I have an average of 2 items for every week , so that's more than 30 individual items.
I am only posting about the catch up weeks.This was a bit tricky , as I needed something old ( 2014 and Jan 2015) , and not something I made recently.As usual (other than for this month) , there is a primary piece and a companion piece for each week.

I am not one of those self motivated people , so I really needed to announce somewhere about my plans.Thankfully , I normally do keep my word , so my postings have been on time barring the family emergency of last week.I love looking through the the #2015PCChallenge albums , they are full of marvelous mixes of possibilities :)

Thanks to Katie and Katersacres for this challenge and for the reminder :)

Week 2 : Noodle beads : Made in August

 I love noodle beads. I bought my first extruder last year ,before I took up polymer clay. I was already playing with cold porcelain , and wanted to try making the retro cane. Needless to say it did not work out.At all.The only plus point was that I made a whole lot of noodle beads in cold porcelain.

When I did buy my first batch of polymer clay in August 2014 , the first thing I made were a lot of noodle beads.

1.Blue Noodle bead neck piece with labrodite,leather cording and colored copper.


This was my first necklace attempt. I was very proud of myself , using all the various materials :)
 I baked the blue beads on corn flour , and I could not wash it all out.I am planning on restringing it at some point of time.


 2.Noodle Bead post  earrings in gold and pink

 The pink was scrap clay , but its a very pretty earring. I am frankly surprised at how well they turned out considering I made these right after I got the polymer clay.These are really very simple and very satisfying to make.
I call them noolunda beads , translating to a ball of thread beads , but noodle beads are a lot easier to type in , hehe.

Week 3 : Simple cane earrings : Made in September



Both the earrings have the canes from one of my very first posts.These were made simultaneously with that post.
I then lived in a lala land where I thought making tutorials would be easy and fun. Well , they are not. I now have an immense respect for people who make quality tutorials and thus share their time, energy, ideas and experience with us.I like to buy technique tutorials as well , it saves a lot of time and money in the long run , compared to my tendency of doing innumerable tests.

I have coated the black and purple tear drop earrings with an acrylic glaze.

Week 4 : Bangles : Made in November 2014.




The colorful kaleidoscope cane bangle was the first bangle that I made.It has a copper wire armature. While I expected this to be the strongest type , it is this one that bends and loses shape. It was very lumpy when I made it and had to sand a lot ( I tried with 100 grit "shudder" ) , and the sanding scratches are still there on it.I actually sanded it to around 800 grit , but the initial scratches that I made never went away.

The blueish bangle is something I wear a lot. This was the first piece where I sanded from grits 230 to 1500. I then buffed it once I got the dremel as well.This is satiny soft to the touch.It is not perfect , (lots of grooves) but there something about it that makes it a go to piece for me.This is a trial bangle made from scrap cane in subdued colors. Nothing indicated while it was being made that it would be one of my most favorite pieces.


Thats it for today! All back to back posts done.Another post coming up tomorrow for the week 16 challenge!
Thanks for reading and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment