>

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Stricter Guidelines ( for me )


Hi !

So this past month has been lots of fun , coming up with ideas , playing with clay, trying to create something out of my own imagination, it has been a fun month.
This PC challenge has led me to discover something for myself : I get bored easily.
No,  no I am not bored with polymer clay just yet.I am still quite addicted to it , however I have a tendency of abandoning hobbies , sometimes I take a break , sometimes I let the hobby go altogether.Not an altogether healthy habit.

When I joined this challenge , my main reasons to do so were this 1.To learn , 2.To interact with other PC artists , 3.To develop skills to stick to the plan.

I have completed a few weeks now , and I can see the tell tale signs of fatigue mixed with boredom coming in. This the deadly combo that does me in , every time.

I had a kept a theme of doing PC projects, having companions or pairs ,to grow my discipline and to improve my technique & finish. While I can confidently say this has helped me , I have realized I need stricter guide lines.
So I am modifying my guidelines.I have decided to go with a theme every month. And to keep to this theme and improve my technique and finish in the mean while.

This theme is flexible , meaning it can be a color combination or a technique or a source of inspiration etc.Hopefully by the time I am done with 8 projects of that theme , I have achieved my goals of learning , interacting and discipline.

Thanks for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment