>

Sunday 22 February 2015

New toys and Skinner blends !

Yaaay !
 I finally got my pasta machine and I am soooo happy that I bought it .Frankly,I did not think it was a requirement at all as I was quite happy with my rollers.The pasta machine has definitely reduced the physical effort I needed to soften and  condition my clay.I  am finally getting sheets of even thickness , without wayward angles ( as long as I am careful of course ! ) which has really helped me with making my bangles more even , requiring much less sanding from me.

I also bought a silicon covered roller , but it hasn't matched up to my expectations yet.
I got a replacement Makins extruer as well , mine had broken down a few weeks back.This was bad as I needed them to make the base for my bangles and cuffs.I also use the extruder for reducing a lot of my canes. Did I mention I love making retro canes ?

One of the greatest gifts my pasta maker gave me is the ability to make Skinner blends.I have made them before,using regular rollers.A very labour intensive process , with no assured returns. I mean It was exhausting , and I never did get around to doing anything very satisfying with it as the quantities I made were very less.
The pasta machine has finally changed that. I am able to finally make blended canes ! I haven't yet learned the best color combinations out there , so that's something I have to work on.

Here is my first Skinner blend with the pasta machine :)



Thanks for reading , have  a great day !


No comments:

Post a Comment