>

Friday 3 July 2015

#2015PCChallenge : Week 26 : Rainbow bangles !

Hi !

I have submitted a half year worth of projects ! Yaay ! I am very happy to move onto the next half of the year.

I have seen many rainbow themed canes in this past year and I have always wanted to make one. Last week I finally decided to take the plunge and make a rainbow cane.
Since it was a lot of work the way I planned it, I started off with the individual canes last week itself. I was done with a few colors and BOOM! Facebook exploded with rainbow profile pictures.

Neither am I sure if this is the right place to say this, nor am I good with words.But here goes -
While same sex marriages are still illegal here in India, along with being a societal taboo, we are slowly moving along with the world, and inter-caste, inter-religion and inter-region marriages  are beginning to be given more leeway.

I understand it is not the same situation, and that growth of tolerance in one area does not mean growth of tolerance in another, but I still believe that tolerance level on an average level is going up.
Borrowing my husbands words ( he is much more concise than I am ), I hope that we soon wake up and see that it must be one of our basic rights that consenting adults may freely marry each other.
That's all that it really is .

Okay, moving on, there is no theme this month. I am just going to make whatever my heart tells me to.

Here is this week's project:

I have put both the primary & secondary pieces together in this photo. Even though they are very similar looking, the actual patterns are quite different and varied.





Thanks for reading :) Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment